Blackjack Card Counting – What is it
Blackjack Card Counting
Counting cards in Blackjack is a very practical technique to increase your chances of winning the game. In this and many other games it is always said that the house usually has the advantage over the players, but in this case the circumstances can change if you can get the Blackjack card counting technique right in the game.
Counting cards can be done through various techniques, which can range from very simple to very complicated and intricate.
Peculiarities of counting cards in Blackjack
Card counting is allowed, but is frowned upon in casinos.
In the event that players use this technique, they will have a certain superiority over the casino itself.
In order to carry out this technique you need a high amount of money invested.
And first of all you have to try not to get caught by the casino using this technique.
How to count cards in BlackJack?
To learn how to count cards and use the application, the first thing to do is to choose the level of difficulty between Novice, Intermediate and Expert. Our recommendation is that you start with the Novice level and work your way up when you have mastered the level completely.
After you have chosen the level that best suits your experience, an instruction box will appear. Read the instructions carefully and start playing and counting.
An important detail to keep in mind is that the result is cumulative. So when a new hand is dealt, add the previous result to the new one to get the total count.
For example, if in one hand you count -2, in the next hand you must start again from -2 and not from 0. The card counting game has no more complications than those indicated. However, the higher the level, the less time you have to count.
How does the Blackjack card counting simulator work?
As we have just seen, there is a simulator that allows you to emulate a game of Blackjack and with which you can count cards online. It is very simple to use and we are going to explain it below.
- The first thing you have to do is as we have seen before, select the level, either novice, intermediate or expert.
- Count the cards, low cards as 1, high cards as -1 and 7, 8 and 9 as neutral.
- Click on the start counting button and that’s where your test begins. At the beginning it is best to use a pen and a notebook to write down everything.
- Answer the question, i.e. once your hand has run out, you have to answer the question “What is the right result? Here you will have to select the right number.
- Finally press OK and find out what the right solution is.
Methods of counting cards in Blackjack
There are different methods of card counting, among them we can highlight:
- The High-Low method
This is one of the most efficient techniques and consists of giving each card a different value.
- The True Count
Here the aim is to find out how many cards remain in the deck. And the fewer the number of cards that remain, the greater the probability of being right in our predictions.
- Wonging technique
This consists of analysing the Blackjack table and only entering the game when everything goes in the participant’s favour.
- Group card counting
Here only one player can play a number of hands, so playing as a team can be the right solution to increase profits.
Within this technique there are different variations:
- The Back-Spotter: here one of the group members is not seated at a table and sees everything from afar.
- The bouncer: this character is not in charge of counting, but changes tables every time the rest of the group tells him to do so and will only place the bets that they tell him to.
- The helper: the task of this character is to play with low stakes and when he sees that the game is improving, he tells the rest of his companions.
- The big player: His role is to make sure that the rest of the team does not get caught.
Card counting has been around for a long time and casinos have been developing techniques to try to combat it. Some of them are:
- The cut card: this was one of the precursors of this action taken by the casinos, it consisted of trying to constantly shuffle the cards.
- Several decks of cards: different decks of cards began to be used.
- The casino itself does the counting.
- Microchips in the coins used for betting, i.e. if microchips are inserted in the coins used for betting, the casino can extract from them the betting systems and methodologies used.